Lavender is one of those essential essential oils. It has so many uses and such a great smell that I consider it a MUST HAVE. From healing scrapes and burns, to helping you sleep, to repelling insects, and so much more!
Lavender (lavandula angustofolia) is an analgesic (pain killer), antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiparasitic, anti-spasmodic, decongestant, antidepressant, and sedative essential oil. It can be used topically and used neat (undiluted) on skin, aromatically and internally.
- Sleep and Relaxation – Put lavender on your sheets and pillows to help induce a restful nights sleep. Works great to help the kids wind down for the night.
- Burns – Keep on hand for minor burns. Worked great for me the other day when I burned my hand on the hot stove, few drops on the burn immediately after it happened and then applied again as needed.
- Pain Relief – Lavender massaged into a sore or injured muscle can offer pain relief and also help with inflammation.
- Allergies– when mixed with Lemon and Peppermint it makes a great anti-histamine. I haven’t used a since OTC allergy medication this year. I just kept this L.L.P. (Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint) blend on hand and rubbed it on my feet 2-3 times a day and it has kept my severe seasonal allergies at bay.
- Insects and Insect Bites – Makes a great bug repellent and also helps relieve the itching and swelling that comes with bug bites.
- Cuts and Scrapes – because of it’s antiseptic properties Lavender is great for applying to cuts and scrapes to clean them and boost the healing process.
- Dry or Chapped Skin – Lavender is great to helping the itchiness and dryness associated with eczema and dry winter skin.
- Calmness and Tranquility – diffuse Lavender to help bring a sense of peace to your environment.
- Headaches – a few drops rubbed on the temples and/or back of the neck can help kick a tension headache quick!
- Bath Soak – mix in with some Epsom Salts and take a nice relaxing bath! It will make you feel great and probably help you sleep like a rock if done before bedtime.
- Deodorant – because of it’s antibacterial properties Lavender can kill those yucky odor causing bacteria.
- Smell – if nothing else, it smells so pretty! Haha! I always hated anything synthetically lavender scented and thought I would hate the smell of Lavender EO but I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it smelled the first time I opened the bottle!
There are so many uses for Lavender I could go on and on about all the many uses but that’s just a few to give you some ideas. Any questions, please feel free to ask me! I’m not an expert but I can always help point in the right direction!
If you choose to use Spark Naturals for your essential oil and supply needs please use my coupon code onthisfarm to receive 10% of your entire order!
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or health professional by any means, nor do I claim to be. The opinions presented here are my own and should not be taken as any sort of medical advice. Essential oils are extremely potent and highly concentrated substances you should always practice caution when using them. And as I have stated before, do your own research and make choices based on what is best for you and your family!