Lemon is another one of those essential essential oils in my humble opinion. Not only is the smell clean and crisp, but it has SO many uses! I could never begin to tell you all of them but I will try to hit some of the best uses!
Lemon (citrus limon) is an anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-rheumatic,antiseptic, diuretic, insecticidal essential oil. Lemon can be used topically (diluted), aromatically and ingested (see my guidelines).
- Headaches and Migraines – apply topically with a carrier oil to soothe a headache.
- Purifying – Diffuse to help cleanse the air of impurities.
- Cleaning – Add to your homemade cleaners to take advantage of Lemons anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. A couple drops on your sponge is great too.
- Allergies– Lemon mixed with lavender and peppermint works great on allergies!
- Mood– lift your mood by diffusing some lemon.
- Gunk remover– lemon works great to get off sticky residues left over from price tags and stickers. Also works great on gum, crayon, kitche grease and more.
- Skin – brighten your skin by adding lemon to your facial cleanser. Also great for acne.
- Laundry– have you ever forgotten a load of laundry in your washer and it gets that stale mildew smell? (I may or may not do that quite often!) Add a couple drops of lemon before you re-wash and the smell will be all gone!
- Water – if you choose to ingest a drop in your glass of water can not only add taste great but will also give you a natural detox boost.
- Oily skin– lemon can help balance your oily skin.
- Callouses & Corns– use lemon to help soften skin and slough off old dead skin.
- and so much more!
***Please note that Lemon EO can make you photosensitive meaning that putting it on your skin and going outside can make you more susceptible to a sunburn. Please do not apply to exposed skin before going outside!
Any questions, please feel free to ask me! I’m not an expert but I can always help point in the right direction!
If you choose to use Spark Naturals for your essential oil and supply needs please use my coupon code onthisfarm to receive 10% of your entire order!
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or health professional by any means, nor do I claim to be. The opinions presented here are my own and should not be taken as any sort of medical advice. Essential oils are extremely potent and highly concentrated substances you should always practice caution when using them. And as I have stated before, do your own research and make choices based on what is best for you and your family!