Melaleuca (melaleuca alternifolia) is an antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, fungicide, insecticide, and a stimulant. Melaleuca can be applied topically (can be used neat), aromatically, or internally (see my warnings and guidelines).
A few uses for Melaleuca:
- Can help heal skin infections. Works great on toenail fungus and athletes foot!
- All purpose cleaner: Mix with water and add to a spray bottle. Great for sanitizing counter tops in kitchen and bath!
- Treats acne and helps to manage oily skin. Add to your homemade facial cleanser.
- Repels lice. Add to your shampoo to keep those pesky things away!
- Apply to warts and ringworm.
- Add to your diffuser to remove foul odors. Ever wait too long to take the trash out and end up with a smelly kitchen trash can?? Diffuse Melaleuca to help banish the odor!
- Apply to your skin after shaving to help prevent razor burn.
I have chosen Spark Naturals as my essential oils of choice. Click here to find out a little why and if you should decide to use Spark too you can get 10% off your purchase by using my coupon code: onthisfarm.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or health professional by any means, nor do I claim to be. The opinions presented here are my own and should not be taken as any sort of medical advice. Essential oils are extremely potent and highly concentrated substances you should always practice caution when using them. And as I have stated in the post, do your own research and make choices based on what is best for you and your family!